Whilst eVO Platform products can be hosted within customers’ own networks, StatMap also provide the option for organisations of hosting eVO Platform products in the Cloud.
To ensure that the EVO Platform is provided with the market leading levels of performance and reliability in terms of its hosting environment, StatMap has opted for the Microsoft Azure Platform from which to provide our Cloud SaaS applications.
Azure enables us to provide our clients with the confidence they need when hosting eVO Platform products in the Cloud.
Microsoft Azure UK South (located in London) is the physical hosting data centre for all of StatMap’s Cloud SaaS applications.
It offers a fully comprehensive and award-winning regime of protection for critical infrastructure, ensuring that all of our SaaS offerings offer high availability and high resilience.
Azure’s performance metrics are widely published, including 99.95 percent availability and 24/7 tech support and health monitoring.
A single tenancy Microsoft Azure cloud instance:
- 8 GB memory
- 4 core
- 200 GB of storage [C: 100GB (including 10GB of Spatial Data Repository storage and D: 100 GB) – the D:\ drive is a temporary drive].
- 64-bit platform
- I/O Performance: standard
- 1 TB monthly bandwidth usage.
We offer additional processing power, high-availability and resilience options. This allows deployment of multiple EVO application instances, accompanied by software load balancers and other services to ensure that the service can better withstand periods of high activity and/or the failure of one node. These are available by buying one or more units of Additional Cloud Compute Capacity, depending on the configuration you need.
Azure regional and global fail-over options, hot and cold standby models as well as rolling reboot capabilities that work out of the box.
While this may not be something that is a daily issue to a business, it is definitely something that you can confidently know is happening in the background.
Microsoft Azure Security Centre makes Azure the only public cloud platform to offer continuous security-health monitoring. Azure meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2.
All data traffic is served between server and client (and vice-versa) entirely encrypted using the SHA2.0 protocol. The hosting server infrastructure is built to adhere to the TIA-942 Tier 3 level secure data centre, utilising proven industry standards throughout.
- Extremely fast: for deployment, operation, and scalability;
- Innovative Platform: provides the best managed platform service available;
- Global: there is global reach in terms of its hosting centres – and enables the eVO Platform to dynamically resize its footprint as performance and utilisation changes;
- Disaster recovery: In-built fail-over and disaster recovery capabilities – involving regional and global fail-over options, hot and cold standby models as well as rolling reboot capabilities that work out of the box;
- Microsoft Azure security: security in Azure enables secure and seamless transactions, and enables us to integrate fully with your Active Directory credentials management system, using Azure’s Federated Active Directory Services;
- Compliance: Microsoft ensure their hosting server environments are fully compliant with all requirements of software providers and their customers.